A criminal record is not something anyone wants to have to deal with. However, once a crime is committed, this is something that can follow you around for the rest of your life. Even if you try to put it behind you, things such as traveling, attempting to get a job and even getting a new home or apartment can be a challenge when you have a criminal record in Montreal.

If you have plans to travel to the United States and have a criminal record, it can seem nearly impossible to make this happen. While this is based on the actual crime that is committed, there are some who will be able to apply for a Canadian Pardon. Learning more about how to get Canadian pardon will help you determine if this is the right course of action for you.

Crimes that Make a Difference

There are only specific crimes that will make you inadmissible to the United States. However, there are some who say that since the U.S. Customs and the Border Patrol workers have some input in regard to who is allowed through, any person who has any type of criminal record will be at the risk of not being able to enter. This can include individual who were actually acquitted or who have had the charges dropped.

Applying for the Waiver

Achieving a National Pardon is rare, but if a Canadian in Montreal believes they are going to be denied entry into the U.S., they can choose to fill out the application for the temporary waiver of inadmissibility. When this process is started, it can take as much as one year and will cost about $565, no matter what the outcome of the application is. The form that is needed to begin this process is the I-192 and it can be located on the website for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration.

Any Canadian who has a record and wants to enter into the United States but needs to acquire a visa need to talk about their personal issue with a person from the American consulate. This individual will be able to recommend how to get the waiver. This is the initial step in this entire process. Once the office has recommended the waiver, then the person has to fill out the application for it at the actual border crossing of at the Canadian Preclearance office.

When you are in need of more information regarding how to get in the U.S. if you have a criminal record, visit the National Pardon Centre website. Here all the necessary information can be found to begin this process.