A vacation is a wonderful way to unwind and recharge your batteries, not to mention relieve the stress that affects so many. The beach is a particularly good idea, as it allows people facing harsh winter conditions to relax in a warm, sunny environment that is full of life and activity. Expert travellers will tell you that having a checklist of the proper items to bring on your vacation will help make the whole experience even easier. If you are travelling somewhere warm for your mid-winter holiday, make sure to pack the essentials:
- Casual wear for daytime sightseeing. For example, shorts and T-shirts are fine for day time wear.
- Most will say “resort wear” is their dress code. So what does resort wear mean? Men can wear dress-shorts or khaki trousers and a collared shirt. Ladies can wear casual skirts, sun dresses, capri pants, or even swim dresses.
- For the pool and beach, you will need flip flops. If you plan to spend a lot of time in the ocean, you might want to bring reef shoes.
- Bring sunscreen, with an SPF that is higher than what you would normally wear to accommodate the strength of the tropical sun.
- Bring two swimsuits per person so that you will always have a dry (or at least dry-ish) suit to wear.
Obviously, for a beach vacation, the perfect swimsuit (or two) is an absolute must.When visiting a tropical locale, the swimsuit is the most important piece of clothing to pack, as it is what you’ll be wearing the majority of the time when you are out in public or poolside or at the beach. It should fit well and make the most of your curves. It should also feel comfortable so that you aren’t constantly tugging at it, and it should definitely make you feel confident. This is especially true of plus-sized women, for whom there are plenty of flattering vacation swimsuit options, especially when shopping online at a retailer like swimsuitsforall that caters exclusively to plus-sized clients.
When choosing a plus-sized swimsuit, you should ask yourself how much you will be wearing it, even when you are not swimming. For example, on a cruise or at a resort, there are cabanas and restaurants near the water where swimsuits are not only accepted, but are expected. In this case, you can choose a tankini (which is a bathing suit combining a tank top and a bikini bottom), or swimdress for maximum versatility.
Another sexy swimsuit trend available from swimsuitsforall is the shortini which is simply “boy shorts” that cover approximately ¼ of the thigh; paired with the tankini this is also a very flattering look. Something very new in the swimsuit market is the swim dress, which, like lingerie, comes with a built-in bra, and a small piping detail just under the top that flows into an A-line skirt, allowing you to cover what you want to cover and still be stylish. The swim dress also can be found in a V-neck style. Interestingly, even underwire tops are being offered for more support. Other suits offer camouflage in the form of ruching (a.k.a. twisting) which is flattering on nearly every silhouette.
Clearly there is a style to fit everyone’s taste. Be sure to check out swimsuitsforall for more info about the many options available. But hop to it — you’ll want to get your hands on the best available styles before you have to hop on that plane.